The new CLS Coupe will arrive with an even more aggressive design and a plethora of high-end interior and exterior options.
With just one look, it’s clear that the new CLS is sharper and sportier than its predecessor. The front end features a new AMG-specific front bumper with a black A-wing, striking new air intakes, AMG sill trim on the side and a front splitter in silver chrome. It also receives the new radiator grille with a three-pointed star pattern and chrome-gloss surfacing, signaling its aggressive appearance right from the start. In the rear, a black diffuser-look insert and silver-chrome trim complete the look, while the 19-inch light-alloy wheels are available with two new designs: 5-twin-spoke and multi-spoke. Additionally, the optional AMG 20-inch wheels come in two new colors: Tremolite Grey or High-Gloss Black.
To make it even more unique, the CLS is available with a wide variety of finishes. Open Pore Walnut Brown and High-Gloss Grey Wood present two new trim options to choose from, while the range of leather seat upholstery has been expanded to include Neva Grey/Magma Grey and Sienna Brown/Black. To go even further, the Mercedes-Benz MANUFAKTUR team in Sindelfingen, Germany has made several special lacquers available including Jupiter Red, Cashmere White Magno and Emerald Green. Inside, five new two-tone leather combinations make the options even more diverse. Those include Classic Red/Black, Saddle Brown/Black, Tartufo Brown/Black, Deep White/Black and Yacht Blue/Black.
Elsewhere in the interior, you’ll find a more distinctive cockpit with elaborate touchscreen displays and a redesigned multifunction steering wheel. This new wheel features high-gloss black finishes with silver chrome edging and paddle shifters. A two-zone sensor pad in the rim of the wheel provides sensors on the front and back that detect when your hands are on the wheel. That means no steering movement is required to inform the driver assistance systems that you are in control. Plus, it’s coated in fine Nappa leather so your hands will never want to leave the wheel.
Under the hood, the powertrain of the CLS is powerful and efficient. Its 3.0-liter inline 6-cylinder engine comes with an integrated second-generation starter-generator and a 48-volt electrical system. The result is an output of 362 hp with an additional 21 hp and 184-lb-ft of electric boost. Energy recovery gives it the ability to “glide” with the engine switched off, making it ultra-efficient.
And while style and performance take center stage, the CLS is also equipped with elite driver assistance systems that provide added safety and support for the driver. Active Brake Assist1 comes standard, helping prevent collisions or reduce their severity with autonomous braking. And with the optional Driver Assistance2 package, the vehicle makes responsive adjustments as you drive, reacting to the world around you. It’s topped off with the MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) infotainment system that uses artificial intelligence and predictive functionality to make every ride as enjoyable as possible.
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz CLS 450 4MATIC will arrive in US dealerships in early 2022.
- 3.0L Inline-6 Turbo engine with Mild Hybrid System
- 362 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque; EQ Boost for up to 21 additional hp and up to 184 additional lb-ft of torque
- 4MATIC All-Wheel DriveDisclaimer
- 9G-TRONIC 9-Speed transmission
- Top speed of 130 mph (electronically limited)
- 0-60 in 4.5 seconds (estimated)
- DYNAMIC SELECT
- Blind Spot AssistDisclaimer
- PRE-SAFE®Disclaimer & PRE-SAFE® SoundDisclaimer
- ATTENTION ASSISTDisclaimer
- Active Brake AssistDisclaimer
- Available Driver Assistance features including Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC®, Active Steering Assist, Active Parking Assist with PARTRONIC, Active Stop-and-Go Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist, and moreDisclaimer
- MBUX infotainment and navigation system
- 12.3” center touchscreen display
- 12.3” digital instrument cluster
- Multifunction leather steering wheel with capacitive touch control buttons
- AMG® Body Styling
- Heated front seats with memory and lumbar support
- Smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay and Android AutoDisclaimer
- 64-color ambient lighting
- LED Intelligent Light System with Adaptive Highbeam AssistDisclaimer
- LED tail lamps
- 19” wheels
- Leather upholstery with MB-Tex dashboard w/stitching